Veterinary Sick Visits in McKinney, TX
About Veterinary Sick Visits
At Pet Method in McKinney, TX, we are proponents of prevention to keep our pet patients healthy and sound. That's why we encourage pet parents to bring their furry companions to their annual wellness visits. If, however, your dog or cat is under the weather, don't wait. Bring your pet in for a sick visit right away. Treating any health issues early on can prevent them from becoming more complex problems down the road. Schedule a sick visit by contacting our office today.
How Sick Visits Work
Sick visits are designed to care for minor injuries and illnesses that do not require emergency veterinary care.
Our team in McKinney, TX, is fully equipped and prepared to diagnose the underlying causes of your cat or dog's concerns to get their health back on track. If you notice any unexplained changes in your pet's appearance, behavior, or demeanor, we strongly encourage you to schedule a sick visit as soon as possible.
What Are Signs Your Pet Needs a Sick Visit in McKinney, TX?
Dogs and cats instinctively mask their pain or symptoms of illness. That's why it's often hard to tell if your pet is not feeling well unless a health condition has progressed. Knowing the subtle signs of illness will ensure you get your furry friend the needed care.
Here are some signs your furry friend may need a sick visit in McKinney, TX:
- Crying, Wincing, or Whimpering: Cats and dogs are masters at masking illness, so if they cry, wince, or whimper, it's usually a sign of pain, discomfort, or anxiety. Changes in Feeding Habits: These include eating less or more than usual or refusing to eat certain foods.
- Changes in Drinking: Changes may include drinking more or less water than usual or not drinking at all.
- Vomiting or Diarrhea: Repeated vomiting, diarrhea, or blood or mucus in the stools will need prompt treatment to get your pet's health on track.
- Lack of Energy or Lethargy: Changes in energy levels may include sleeping more, not wanting to play, or being less active than usual.
- Dizziness or Instability: Your pet may seem off-balance, staggering, falling over, circling around, or may have trouble going up and down stairs.
- Difficulty Moving: Your pet may start limping, favoring one side of their body, or have trouble getting up or down.
- Skin Changes: Changes in your furry friend's fur may include patches of missing hair, redness, or rashes.
What Can You Expect During a Sick Visit?
When you bring your furry friend in for a sick visit at Pet Method in McKinney, TX, Dr. Finn will conduct a thorough examination to determine the possible causes of the symptoms. He may recommend diagnostic tests, such as blood work, urinalysis, digital x-rays, or ultrasound imaging, for accurate diagnosis and an effective treatment plan.
Dr. Finn will answer your questions, review any treatments or medications needed, and schedule follow-up care if needed. Our team never spares any effort to keep our sick pet patients feeling at ease and alleviate any stress associated with vet visits. You can always count on us for outstanding, compassionate care.
Veterinary Sick Visits Near Me
If your cat or dog isn't feeling their best contact the experienced veterinary professionals at Pet Method in McKinney, TX. Dr. Hunter Finn will work tirelessly to determine the cause of your pet's illness. Our goal is to provide the needed relief and get your precious pet's health back on track. We invite you to call (469) 581-8609 to schedule your pet's appointment today!